Young’s Deadmag Blowfly Strike Dressing fluid is used for the treatment of blowfly struck sheep. When applied as directed this product will protect against fly strike for up to 20 days.
Graziers know that during humid summer months monitoring of sheep for fly strike is needed. The main purpose of an insecticidal dressing fluid is fast activity on maggots followed by protection of the healing wound from fly strike. The longer residual activity the greater comfort graziers’ will have when monitoring their flock post-treatment.
Deadmag dressing fluid is an organophosphate insecticide formulated for Australian conditions. During the warm summer months, it will provide quick eradication with 4-8 hours by working on the nervous system of the blowfly followed by residual activity for up to 21 days.
- For the treatment of blowfly struck sheep
- Protects against flystrike for up to 20 days
- Quick eradiation within 4 to 8 hours of treatment
- Organophosphate formulated for Australian conditions
Mix the required quantity of Deadmag with water in a suitable container until a uniform emulsion is produced. Mixes readily with hard or soft water. To prevent maggots from spreading and establishing outwards, fleece should be clipped well back all around the struck area.
- Clip wool over struck area and for a further 10 cm margin around the wound
- Saturate struck area thoroughly. Saturate affected area and surrounding wool using a soft brush, working wash well into the affected area. Ensure that no maggots escape into surrounding fleece.
- Re-inspect affected animals the following day to ensure no areas of strike were missed.